Is your cat this weird?

My cat Mango is the weirdest cat EVER! He does not like to be pet. Except... when you are sitting on the toilet. Seriously... he runs to the bathroom whenever he hears the light go on... it has a fan attached. He will run in and yowl until you pick him up and pet him. Then he purrs and purrs. If you do not pick him up, he will jump up on the tub and rub his tail on your head and arm until you pet him. He is really quite persistent. He does it to everyone in the family too... Even the kids... who he really dislikes.

Anyone else have a weirdo cat? And what do they do?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Pets

• That is TOO funny!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• My mother has a cat who hates being pet to until she wants her nums (cat treats) even then she will only let very few people pet her. My parents and I are the only one's she's allows to touch her.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I don't have cats, so thought you'd like a couple of these :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• My cat does that, too, lol. My female. Our male sits outside the bathroom like he's waiting for me. The female thinks she's a teddy bear, though, and will literally cuddle all day if we let her.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Ours insists that you pet him, but after a minute.... he runs off. Like... You WILL pet me now...uh... WTF are you petting me?
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Ours runs laps around the house, starting out on our bed, jumping off, down the stairs, around the living room, up the stairs, and back on the bed. But only right after my boyfriend and I turn in for the night. Sometimes he'll do it five or six times before he gives up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Back when I did have cats, they liked the taste of deodorant & hairspray. So they ususally lodged their attacks when I was sleeping, or at least trying to! Heaven forbid you fall asleep w/ your armpit exposed. And nothing like waking up to the sandpaper tongue running thru your hair! lol :p Or when they think since you're bent over the sink brushing your teeth, that your back would make a great place to sit! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Oh! And our male, he'll walk around at night and I swear it sounds like he's saying "Mamma? I love you? Mamma? Maaaamaaa?" lol
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• "And nothing like waking up to the sandpaper tongue running thru your hair! lol "

LOL! Our male BITES my hair, like he's trying to groom it or something. Idk why, but he's done it more than once. And he'll cuddle with me, but he is scared of DH - he gets a panicked look if DH even looks at him, haha
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I had a cat who liked cake. If I left a cake out, I would find kitty bites in it. The one I have now likes to sleep in the middle of the livingroom, on her back with all 4 paws in the air.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 10:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2013