So wait... do you want our input or not?

I'm confused, so many mixed signals.... Asking for our input and opinions, then deleting posts for stating them? Is it that our input really isn't valued, or is it that you only want it when you ask for it? Are we supposed to personally contact the site when we have questions or complaints, then, or are we supposed to just keep it in to ourselves?

Are we in a dictatorship where threads get deleted for even daring question? Does that mean that any interest in our opinions or feelings is really just feigned? Or does it depend on the issue/question? Because I personally didn't think that asking why whole posts get deleted when the problem is one user or a handful of comments was that over the line. Shouldn't our criticisms matter, as long as they're valid and not meant merely to instigate?

And I swear that I don't mean any of this in an impertinent way. Just generally confused, especially since the issue of poofing whole posts instead of dealing with one member has been an issue here for a while - or was, anyway, back when we had a tangible admin presence before.... And if people sincerely are interested in issues or concerns, wouldn't those types of questions actually be answered, rather than ignored?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Default answer....Use the "Contact us" button to discuss any questions on policy with CM.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• what kind of message does that send to trolls anyway? "here's a question i don't like/agree with- all i have to do is go in there and start name calling and it'll get deleted/closed"

what about the rest of us who actually DO want to participate in the question and actually DO have something valid to contribute?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I agree with you, Bandgeek and TNM. And my approval along with five bucks will get ou a gourmet cup of coffee anywhere you go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• "Default answer....Use the "Contact us" button to discuss any questions on policy with CM."

And whenever we do that we get default, animated sounding responses that don't even answer our original questions or seem to address the problem ;)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• And whenever we do that we get default, animated sounding responses that don't even answer our original questions or seem to address the problem ;)

Of course, it's the Default!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• "what about the rest of us who actually DO want to participate in the question and actually DO have something valid to contribute?"

We risk getting in "trouble" (having things deleted) with the powers that be because we actually care enough to report things or ask questions, apparently....
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• They've never been big on accepting public criticism. They would rather you send them a contact us mail that they can ignore and send you a canned response to.  I'm thinking this thread's minutes are numbered already.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I do find it odd that the troll who started this whole mess is bumping the question. Anything for points, I guess. And really, that is STILL at the heart of 90% of the issues here. Kill the points and kill the anon button and so much of it goes away.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I do find it odd that the troll who started this whole mess is bumping the question.

If she's been banned from answers that's about the only thing she would be able to do is bump and vote up answers. (At least that's what I've gathered from similar cases in the past).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• thought he had to work? lol
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2013