Any Advice?

Im 33 weeks pregnant & it seems like no matter how i lay, i have such an achy stomach.. mainly around the top and upper sides. I get cramping in my pelvic area as well, like she is pushing on my pelvic area.... Also in my back..

Basically no matter how i adjust, the pain and achy-ness just doesnt go away.. it will subside right after i adjust and seconds later its back.. its been like this all day... not really when im walking and stuff like that, i mean i have pressure in my stomach when i stand up.. but when i lay down its so uncomforable.. & im trying to relax & go to sleep...

Any idea what this is?...
They said also that she is weighing in 2-3 weeks ahead of me... I got an ultra sound at the start of 32 weeks and she was weighing in at 34-35 weeks... weighing in at 5lbs 2oz....

What could this pain and achy-ness be?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hon it could be labor.I am 28 wks and I do not feel like that...call doc and ask to be safe.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• yes call the doctor, but i was so uncomfortable in pregnancy, i had to put like 5 pillows one between my legs, one behind my back, one at my feel and others just cradleing around me
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Do you think it would be bad to just wait until morning to call the doctor & see how i feel?... I feel like i call the doctor about EVERYTHING, but this is my first pregnancy and im really umcomfy... she is still moving and stuff, Its not as much as she usually does but its not alarming me... She is still moving.

Its already almost 1am here...
    Should i just rough it out until morning?
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It is most likely round ligament pain- I am in the same boat my baby is measuring about a month bigger (im 37 weeks now) I wouldnt call the doctor unless the pain is coming at regular intervals. If it is, lay on your left side and drink water and see if it goes away. But chances are, especially if she is a big baby you will just be really uncomfy til she comes! Cuz that is EXACTLY how I have felt the last 5 weeks!!!! At 32 weeks my girl was measuring 6 pounds and 36 weeks along..... :( So good luck!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• LOL preggo brain I didnt finish my thought! If the pain is coming at regular intervals, and doesnt go away after laying on your side for 30-60 minutes and sipping water THEN call your doctor!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Better safe then sorry and you are at the end of your pregnancy, but if everything seems fine with the baby than yeah just go to bed, but if you start leaking fluid or feel closee together contractions, or a pounding sinsation in your groin, call 911, your in labor. It's real contractions if they don't subside when walking around or changing positions(remember that). uncomfyness is normal i had that. oh and my doctor said i could take benedryl to sleep, call and ask if you can? it would be worth it if they say you can
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• if its a sharp uncomfortable pain under your ribs it could be gas. pull your knees up as far as you can (one at a time) to the side of your belly, this helps you release the gas that gets trapped. when i was pregnant i got gas a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The only thing I have found that seems to lessen the pain and make it slightly possible to sleep is a hot bath or shower before bed. It doesn't take it away but it at least relaxes me enough to fal asleep. Also ask your dr. about unisom to help you sleep. Good luck, hang in there. If your baby is measuring 4 weeks ahead then you are experiencing 36 week pains which are no fun :(
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009