Has anyone tried the three or seven day challenge for potty training?

I can't seem to get on the role with potty training but I know my son is well ready to start. He is 20m and I started introducing potty at 12m but once I started he showed little interest in it. But now once he pees or poops he will come to me and pull at his pull-up/shorts. I'm just wondering how this three or seven day challenge works?

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they work when the child is ready not when the parent is. 1 yr old is awfully young.
    With these challenges you have to be committed and have the time. Basically you put the child in underwear and have them go to the potty every hour.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I have no idea how these challenges work. Both of mine were late trainers. I tried countless times to train them and all I learned was that they would not learn any earlier than they wanted to, no matter what I did or what I bought. He seems to be giving you some good queues. Maybe just start asking him where the poopy goes and have him help drop the poop from the pull up into the toilet. Clap and make a big production.

I hope you get answers from people that have used those methods.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I've never heard of it, but mine were very similar to the others. They went when they were ready, no matter how much I wanted them to be ready earlier.
    toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I did it with my kids. No diapers, underwear and a tshirt, going to the potty every hour and sitting there for 5 minutes or they went. We rewarded with m&ms. When they are really ready it's very little work and doesn't take long. Mine were closer to 2 1/2 though. I think the later you train, the quicker they get it and the less accidents they have.

Answer by missanc at 9:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I tried the three-day and the attempt went down in flames, but I think my daughter was too young and not ready at the time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• That is how I trained my kids. I didn't know it had a name, but it took 3 days. I waited until they turned 3 then I waited until I had 3 days to stay home. I put them in underwear in the morning and was very excited. I took them every half hour the first day. There were lots of accidents. Stay positive. The second day they could tell before they had to go. Much less accidents on day 2. On day 3 they were trained. I never went back to diapers or pull ups except at night. Don't do this unless you know they are ready. Otherwise you just make your life harder.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I don't know if will work. My son is almost 4 and he's not trained completly. And I started him when he was 2 years old. Kids have their own time table,no matter what you try to do. So, try not to get so hard on yourself if he isn't trained by the time he's 3!
    good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2013