Truck smells

My husband USED to smoke (as far as he lets me know, he doesn't anymore) and he comes home from work and sometimes he smells like smoke. He says it is from his truck which he HAS had for quite a while. Assuming that this is the truth lol, how can I get the darn smell out of the truck?? It is driving me crazy!

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 12:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• LOTS of febreeze, and cleaning the upholstery... although I have to say once smoke has got all into the foam, carpet, and fabric its REALLY hard to get it out.

Get a scrub brush with hard bristles and a couple of cans of carpet cleaner. Fully saturate anything "fabric" with the cleaner and then scrub as hard as you can with the scrub brush. Let it dry (leave all the windows and doors open if you can), then vacuum. Repeat if you need to. Last step would be to spray febreeze.. put an oil diffuser into the smoking outlet (bath and body works has good ones) and tell hubby if he smokes in there anymore you will make HIM clean it!! lol.

PS.. there are chambers that you can supposedly put cars in and somehow they take out the smell.. dealers do it.. but it costs alot of money.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009