I KNOW IT IS WRONG IN THE BIBLE ...BUT IS IT STILL CHEATING??

OK SO I KNOW HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG IN THE BIBLE AT LEAST AND I KNOW SOME OF U ARE GONNA GET MAD AT ME ASKING THIS HERE BUT IM KINDA WELL ....WONDERING!! LOL

SO IF MY HUBBY KNOWS I LIKE WOMEN AND IS OK WITH ME HAVING A GIRLFRIEND ON THE SIDE ....ITS NOT CHEATING THEN RIGHT??? I MEAN ADULTRY IS ONLY IF HE IS AGAINST IT ...WELL I THINK AT LEAST ...I MEAN THERE ARE MORMON GUYS WHO HAVE MORE THEN ONE WIFE....IM NOT MORMON AND DEFF HAVE IT BACK WARDS BUT.......IF HUBBY KNOWS AND SAYS ITS GREAT WITH HIM...THEN ......IS IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• pwfaith I can't help it if you don't understand the error in logic you committed nor the fact you don't understand what infer means either. I was not attempting to give a definition for cheating. I was giving a line of reasoning for why I think the above situation is not cheating. To recap:

Cheating infers deceit and requires lying. I agree that cheating is wrong. As the above example does not contain lying or deceit it is not cheating and therefore is not wrong as per my POV..
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yeah, you're fine:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh boy are you gonna get some crap on this lol.I think its what you and hubby are comfy with.Technically the bible says adultery is being with anyone outside of marriage bed, but then again the bible also says stuff about having many wives to be fruitfula nd many.Its all interpretation and do what works for you.holy crap are people gonna jum,p on this one lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It's cheating and God will still look at it AS CHEATING...
    In the meantime, you're safe as long as you're on this earth...lmao!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• This is a tricky one! I would still say regardless as to whether its "ok" with him or not that once you step out on him with ANYONE of ANY gender that yes it's still cheating. Your not in bed with him your in bed with someone else and it is still adultry. But then again you could do your thing and repent later for it too if it's truely ok w/ your husband lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Adultery is defined as "Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse" It doesn't matter if the partner is male or female, if it is intercourse between you (a married person) and them (someone other than your spouse) it's adultery and wrong according to the Bible. It really doesn't matter if hubby oks it or not. Scripture says ONE woman and ONE man - not ONE woman, ONE man and his/her mistress on the side. Would you be ok with your husband having a girlfriend on the side? Don't answer that b/c it doesn't matter, it's still cheating and outside of God's ordained way for a married couple to be.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• BTW - not mad at you at all for asking :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• But then again you could do your thing and repent later for it too if it's truely ok w/ your husband lol.

Not if you're a Christian, well you can but you should never (as a Christian) sin simply b/c you know you can repent later for it. That's wrong. God knows the heart.

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

YOU DONT WANT THAT ANSWERD BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE ANSWER : ) GOOD FOR THE GOOSE GOOD FOR THE GANDER!!
    mom-quit

Answer by mom-quit at 12:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I saw all these crazy answers coming lol. Just live your life. If you are enjoying life and not hurting people god will forgive you. And if he doesn't than maybe thats not the place you want to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009