What about the Mucous plug?

I thought you could lose your mucous plug weeks before labor? or am i just confused.

PinkWarrior

Asked by PinkWarrior at 12:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends. I lost mine a few hours before I went into labor. When I lost it and I called the doctors office, the nurse said that it could be upto 2 weeks after it falls out...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You can lose it weeks before labor, or right before labor, or not until you are in active labor! It isn't an indicator of labor at all. It also regenerates itself after a week or two...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• To my knowledge I never lost mine unless I'm just totally clueless. I know that my water broke but not once did I lose or see a mucus like discharge... I think it all depends just kind of like your water breaking some peoples breaks and others don't break and the nurse or doctor has to do it for you. Good luck!
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes its possible but not always true
    with my youngest I lose mine almost a month early
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 12:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Depends on the person. I never lose mine until I'm in labor but you can lose it early.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You can lose it weeks before....
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Some women lose it early, some close to labor and some during labor..its not an indication of labor starting soon at all.
    I never saw my mucus plug during my first pregnancy..i can only assume it came out sometime during active labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2009