ugh i wish i knew what contractions felt like!!!

Its as simple as that any advice what to look for??? I have no idea what im looking for as far as contractions all i know is that i have to wait til they are 5 min apart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your stomach is hard and you have pain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My family keeps telling me " if you THINK you are in labor, then you arent. You will KNOW its labor" not very helpful lol. I was induced with my first and those hurt like hell, but I am told those are way more intense than normal contractions. From what I am told you will feel pain all around your belly and back and your belly will harden liek a more intense braxton hick! GL Im wishing i KNEW too Im 37.5 weeks and sooo ready to be done!!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• feels like you have a stomach ache, goes away , then comes back , goes away & they keep getting closer in time with each pain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• ok you know the cramps you feel when you have to poop? and the cramps you feel when you have period? combine them and multiply it by 50 and thats a contaction.Your tummy will get very tight and it will ripple downwards. they may or may not hurt(tho I think thats a crock, mine hurt like hell lol) but some moms have them and do not feel them for a long time.If they are 10 mins apart go to hospital. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Its been 7 years since I had a contraction but I did it three times...the best answer I can give you is it felt like someone taking a belt at the top of my tummy and tightenin it while moving it down over your stomach and then releasing it....you will question it many times but once it really happens for real you will know it.....I remember also that once they got strong enough I could actually see my stomach tighten and see the out line of my baby....good luck.
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh trust me darling,, you will for sure know! they are painful. feels like your stomach is ripping apart..or somethinglike that, but the pain radiates to your legs and sometimes the back. your stomach will harded up and you will feel a tight tight pain along with it. hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Early contractions will feel a lot like menstrual cramps.. the harder stuff will be well... there will be NO doubt about it.. (I was in early labor for 3 weeks and on bedrest) once the hard contractions started there was no stopping it.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You won't wonder what they are when youre having them...you will know!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Feels like period cramps.
    LOL, trust me you will know.
    loriloriaustin

Answer by loriloriaustin at 2:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I did not know if I was really in labor I would get these little pains and I decided that I would see if they went away they didn’t and I went to the hospital when I was 3 min apart because I did not really know but the best way to tell is that your tummy will get hard the closer they get together. You will know if you watch how tight your tummy gets good luck and I hope it is not a bad one for you
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009