Is it ever Okay to waste the time of a Police officer or trival crap?

I am so mad I could scream. The crazy woman that lives beside me, we share a drive way, called the Police on me today because my 5 year old went into her yard and apparently threw or left a toy, yes ONE toy, on her property. I asked the police to show me the toy that was left so I could prove if it was my kids toy or not and it was a tiny wooden bird house. The police also informed me that the woman had been taking pictures of my son in her yard with the toy in his hand so that she had proof that it was my son. My question that I posed to the police was, if she had time to stand in her yard and take pictures of my kid, why couldn't she come over here and say hey your son keeps coming in my yard and throwing toys on my property? Why did she feel the need to call the cops on a 5 year old? She also claimed that he was looking in her windows and opening her door but she didn't have pictures of this, just him holding the toy. She told the police that she called them instead of coming to me because she was afraid of me. I said that is just ridiculous, in the year since she moved in here I have said maybe 3 words to the woman. Once a few months ago she came over here and told me that my son couldn't get in my back door and was pounding on the door. I told her yeah its because it sticks but it's okay I was going out the front door at the time to go around the house to get him, he wasn't supposed to be outback anyway but thank you for letting me know. I didn't get in her face, yell at her, scream at her, threaten her or strike her so why would she be afraid of me?
She apparently told the police that we have been fighting with each other and she didn't want to get into a confrontation with me. I told the police the only thing I did to her was call my land lord and ask them to contact her and explain that though we have a shared driveway, that the back parking areas are not shared and to please stop telling her company to park in the back because my Van is not working, I am borrowing my moms van which is parked beside mine and my Dad who is trying to get my van fixed, can't get his truck in the back when the neighbor woman has her daughters boyfriend park back there. Once before, maybe about 2 months ago I asked her not to park back there and she told me that she had permission to use that spot by the owner of the house. That's why I called the owner and asked them about it. I wasn't trying to cause trouble, I just wanted my parking space to myself since I pay rent here, she doesn't.
If she had come here and asked me to please keep my kid out of yard that would have been suffice, why in hell did she feel the need to call the cops? Would any of you have called the police over something like that or simply asked the kids parents to keep him out of your yard?

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 9:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ridiculous!

I would tack this to the nearest part of your house to her. Let her take a pic of this!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• OP, ignore anon, really. I think she landed wrong when she jumped down off her high horse, pushing that stick even further up her ass.

toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Your crazy neighbor is probably on here as one of these anonotwats.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• OMG anon....
    I have a crazy neighbor. I feel your pain

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• I can guarantee you OP, the police officers knew what she was about. Odds are, she already has a history of bullshit calls to get police out there before. You just happen to be the new 'victim'. Many folks get the misinterpretation that the police believe the caller and not the other person. The police are actually pretty good at reading folks and picking out the nutty ones. Just like your neighbor.

Oh and anon??

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• No, I wouldn't bother the police over something like that. I would just put the toy on your porch or give it to you directly the next time I saw you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• That's just a drama queen at her finest.
    And now she has a copy of a police report to show what a terrible neighbor you are.
    How DARE you allow your child to take a toy outside?
    And how DARE a child forget a toy somewhere?
    I'm sure glad I'm not your neighbor.

*rolling my eyes*
    That's pathetic...and sounds like something a few women I know would pull...lol
    toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Sounds like your neighbor ran out of her anti-crazy pills this morning.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Oh and OP, the answer to your question, while it is annoying, thats what they are there for. To protect and serve, even the nut cases.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• LOL I am the MEAN lady. If it is left on my property and I have asked several times that it not be left on my property, I would have confiscated the item and the child and parent could come and ask me for it.

Don't laugh, I did exactly this when a neighbor's child kept throwing the ball against my house. He had to come onto my property to do so ane ball would get dropped there, when I came out or mom called out that there was a treat.
    I am also the woman that "gets startled" when she has the hose in her hand.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2013