Does your teen have a curfew in the summer?

My dd has a new bf and they are in that stage where they want to spend every waking moment together. Every night since school got out, he has been here. During the day, they go out for lunch or hang out at his house since his mom is home. Last night he was here and they wanted to invite some other friends over, which I'm totally fine with. I would rather her have friends here and am glad she wants to be here. But I still work in the morning and have to be up at 5 am.

I don't really know how to handle this as when I was growing up, I wasn't allowed to have friends over very often. Which I understand now since I have 3 brothers and my parents both worked.

Help!

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Set your boundaries and stick to them. Whatever works for you, but be consistent so your daughter knows what to expect.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Our oldest is 16 and her and her bf are alot like that too. I don't have a set curfew for her but I want to know where they are and what they are doing. And I'd rather they be here than out running around wherever.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I'd say maybe at 9 or 10:00 every night the friends have to go (during the week or whatever)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• What time do you prefer to go to bed?
    At least 15 minutes before that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Yes. We stick to 9 pm for week nights, later on weekends. As you mentioned, my dh still works and I'm still up with my 2 yo.

Answer by missanc at 7:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My teen doesn't have a curfew, he is 14. I say that it is his own choice
    juliaterirea

Answer by juliaterirea at 10:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2013