I m feeling bummed! What can I do to pull myself out of it?

A good friend hasn't responded to my calls and texts in a week. I have no idea why.

My preschool students graduated! I had them as students for two years and got way to attached!

My baby is graduating from high school and I feel weird!

We also have some financial stresses.

Could these things be causing my bad feelings? What can I do? I don't want to get depressed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2013 in Health

• oh hun sounds like you have alot going on. I think talking about it helps. And doing stuff you love, and remember if the stuff you love you don't have joy in doing then you should maybe talk to someone professionally. It's hard to feel like your bummed, but to know it half the battle. And there is that saying this too shall pass!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I'm sure all of those changes and worries aren't helping your mood. Maybe some time to yourself for a long walk or a hot bath, a cup of tea or a glass of wine, or whatever usually perks you up or relaxes you will help. Or sometimes volunteering somewhere for people who are less fortunate is a good pick-me-up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2013

• Pick someone you know who is having a hard time right now and plan and do some act of kindness for that person with no expectation of repayment. Best therapy in all the world!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:10 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I'm sorry things aren't the greatest for you right now! Go for a walk...work on a project, watch a funny movie!
    I hope you feel better.. Remember this is just temporary!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2013