Hi, in the past my husband had call me names, like bitchy, Jezebal, feminist, and lately psycho.

He had called me names like that in the past, one day just because I was wearing earings he told me that if I was going to stand in the corners meaning like a prostitute. It makes me very sad how he is with me, we were a wonderful couple, but then he started changing a lot and I dont know how to handle all his changes. Lately he called me psycho just because I was getting stress about having our 6 children in bed, our oldest is 10 years old , our youngest is 7 months old, we live in the country and we usually by ourselves, so sometimes is overwhelming, plus we do not have any family around, any encouragemente, I am feeling very sad.

Emy A.

Asked by Emy A. at 1:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Please do share with us why you are with this Prince Charming?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Time to call him EX. You deserve better.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• ɹǝuuıʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Anyone who resorts to calling you names and putting you down doesn't deserve you. Maybe the man you married was wonderful at some point, but it sounds like he's turned into a first-class oaf. And your children are learning from him how men should treat their wives and how women ought to be treated. He's setting a very poor example, and you may need to consider getting rid of him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• He's a dickhead. Either he changes, or you leave.

Don't make it any more of a gray area than that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• He changed and so should you, and by that I mean you need to make a change by leaving him. You're no longer compatible. It happens to many people. You will both be happier being with the right person. Think of what kind of example you are setting for your children. If they see their mom stay with a guy who abuses her emotionally or otherwise, they will think it's normal. Leave for the sake of your children to have a better life. You can get on welfare until you can find a job. Call your local social services department for advice. Think of any family or friends you could stay with even if they are far away. Your husband has a control issue. Don't be afraid to ask for help. God did not bring you into this world for you to be miserable or for your children to learn abuse. If you were near me, I would help you. I'm sure there are others like me close to you. Never give up & keep asking for help!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• That must be rough. But you don't deserve it and your kid's dint deserve that bad example he's setting. Do you have an idea of what could be causing his behavorial changes?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Why do you put up with that? Even if you stay. You do not have to put up with that shit.

Answer by louise2 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• That's no kind of man. has he always called you names, but till now it's bothering you? Or has the name calling gotten worse. I would say that's verbal abuse if you've told him you don't like it then you need to consider leaving him he's no kind of man. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 8:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• what he does to you is called abuse

abusive men do not always give you a black eye, but they always try to control their women, and demean them
    calling them names is one of the signs of abuse

does he control the money
    does he control who you can see and be friends with
    does he make you at fault for everything (even when there is no problem)
    if you ever let him know you have had enough of him, does he act nice for a few days, then turn back to an ass

he is beating you down with his words
    you need to talk to a professional that works with women who are abused- you will see a pattern, not feel alone, and maybe find strength to leave this situation

do you want your boys to grow up like him?
    do you want your girls to end up with a man like this?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2013