hello my 11 month old is congested,runny nose he cant breathe is veryyyyyyyyy cranky.what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take him to a Doctor as soon as you can and you can use a humidifier which releases moisture in the air and will help with the congestion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• get him a humidifier that will help
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• use a humidifier! If you don't have one, put a big pot of boiling water on your stove and fill it up as it runs out. Or you can turn on the shower and sit in the bathroom with the door shut. Get some Baby Vapor rub. (Make sure it is baby not the regular)

Good luck! I know that is hard
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If you can get him to hold still you can do the little noses sailne drops and then suction them out. They work wonders but they hate them. Idk if an 11 month old would tollerate um but its worth a try.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Our pedi said that for our 6 month old, we should get the bathroom all steamy from hot water and then take him in and let him sit in his chair or hold him, for about 5 minutes, and then take him out and try suctioning his nose. Also to try the saline nose spray and the humidifier. Poor baby, I know what you're going thru, we just went through all this, this past week. Were just getting over it now. Good Luck.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My son is 7 months and when he's sick i do all of the above. I like to go the natural route. I put him in the shower or bath daily to clear out his nose- usually in the morning- that's when he's the most stuffed up. I put baby vick's on his feet- bcuz it gets absorbed the quickest into the bloodstream- ans i put it on his chest and back of the neck. I also suction out his nose and use the nasal spray stuff that helps alot! I do the nasal stuff anytime his nose is running or he's stuffed up. You can also give him warm diluted chicken broth or veggie broth.
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i put the vicks vaporizer in my kids room. it works well for them and its like $17 at walmart
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 8:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My 3 month old is sick right now too. All the answers above are great ideas. If it isn't gone within a week call and make an appointment.
    LND

Answer by LND at 8:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• All the above are great suggestions. I'm not sure what it's called or even if your area sells them, but there is a vics plug in that works great also. Just plug it in, keep the door shut and it fills the room with it's vapors. No mess of the vaporizers or worries. There is a natural oil blend that you can rub on babies chest. It's made by Young Living and called Gentle Baby. It's very soothing and aromatic and helps clear nasal passages as well. Good luck - it's tough when our little ones get sick and you feel so helpless sometimes.
    CrazyDaisy123

Answer by CrazyDaisy123 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• humidifier, warm tubby with lavendar baby bath, will open up his breathing, vics baby rub on his feet at night with socks or something to cover, works for us everytime. good luck. the doctor will probably say the same thing along with nasal saline drops and aserate the nose after.
    fieldwood

Answer by fieldwood at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009