What did I do wrong?

So I got my kids out for the bus this morning and there was a kitten in my garage. It had managed to climb through a broken vent on the side. I know from the color it could belong to the neighbors across the street. They are not people I associate with and have only talked to once or twice in 15 years. I know enough about them to know I don't want to talk to them more than necessary. Anyways, I saw one of the grandsons outside so I flagged him to the middle of the street and asked if they were missing a kitten. He wasn't sure so he said he'd ask his grandma and if I could show them the kitten. So I went got the little bugger and brought him over. He must've gotten out when they let the dog out. My other neighbor up the street (I am friends her) saw this. She calls me and proceeds to say how she can't believe I was up on their property (barely) talking to them after everything they did to her. ( Long history here and documented by the police department) I am not sure what to think. I was just returning their cat and she is acting like I stabbed her in the back. Really? It's not about her.  She's a good friend, but I think she's a bit paranoid and possibly ADHD. Not sure if she will let me talk long enough to tell her I was just returning their pet from my property and I have no intention of being friends with them. I will probably never go over there again. This is just weird.

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 10:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• You did nothing wrong. Tell your friend to cool her jets and get over it. You were just returning a kitten, and you don't owe anybody justification for what you do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• What did YOU do wrong. Nothing. SHE is overreacting.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• You didn't do anything wrong. Your friend/neighbor is being paranoid. Although, I don't think her ADHD has anything to do with it. My boys have ADHD and they don't flip out if someone they like talks to someone they don't like.

Honestly, I think I'd have to seriously reconsider the friendship. I wouldn't be able to deal with a friend who is going to jump down my throat every time I talk to someone she doesn't like or has had a problem with.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• She was being paranoid, You were doing the right thing. Did she expect you to leave the poor kitten by itself and get killed trying to cross the road or something?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• You did the right thing
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• You did nothing wrong and she needs to take a chill pill. Is not like you were having a BBQ party with them you were there just to return a lost pet.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• dont let her make u feel guilty....
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Is she in jr. High still? Even if you wanted to be friends with them tht does not make you a bad friend. You did the right thing I'd try to explain it to her but if she doesn't want to listen then I'd leave it alone.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Actually, ADHD could have something to do with it, especially if there are other issues. As an adult especially, it can cause extreme impulsive behavior. Sounds a little like she reacted impulsively due to some sort of paranoia.

Anyway, it's nothing you did. Obviously she has some issues. Sorry you had to deal with that when you were just trying to be nice.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• You did nothing wrong. Sometimes when people are immature they think that friends of theirs cannot be friends with people they don't get along with.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2013