Dizzy and light headed...

im only about 1 1/2 months and this morning when i got up, i laid in bed for a fee minutes, didn't rush out of bed, then stood up and stumbled a step to my right. i was dizzy and right headed. it did this for about 5 min straight and was uncomfortable. i don't remember this with my first,

anyone else experience this?

my mother said its probably just your body adjusting to the sudden changes.

i eat enough and get enough liquids too.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• light * not right headex lol.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Blood flow. Some women need to keep crackers or something by the bed to eat right before getting up to try to avoid this.
    I never had that personally, but am getting past a little bout of vertigo right now, so I'm thinking my spinning head symptoms are different than yours.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• i had awful vertigo with my third pregnancy. i ended up getting anxiety over it because i never knew when the bouts of vertigo would come, and i was terrified it would happen while i was driving or something. my head would spin and i'd have to put it between my legs (which wasnt easy to do when i was far along) the doctors just kept telling me to eat sugar when it happened. thankfully after i had her it stopped.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Maybe low blood sugar from not having eaten all night? Keeping crackers by the bed is a good idea.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Oh yes. This was certainly fun!...
    Awful feeling... definitely experienced this up until 5 months. I have slightly below normal blood pressure (new since I got pregnant). Unfortunately this could be your issue too. Andddd it doesn't really leave later on. I'm 30 weeks and I still cannot stand for long periods of time without getting super tired, seeing black and feeling like I am going to pass out. Low blood pressure + poor circulation!

Take your time, take it easy and take it slow. Seriously just know your limitations.
    KGelaznikas

Answer by KGelaznikas at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2013