Do you think its a bit rude or uncomforting when someone tells a newly pregnant woman about their miscarriage?

I have had so many people talk to me about their miscarriages it is driving me insane.

Im sire you probably mean well, but theblast think i want is to worry about that more.

Im working out which i usually do anyhow and my friend that has never had kids tells me to "not workout because i could have a miscarriage because her SIL had one and she worked out"

a girl i went to HS with messaged me on fb and said congrats sorry i didntsay it sooner but i had a miscarriage though."

then my other friend went into GREAT details about her miscarriage that occurred in the toilet and how the baby was expelled .. its sad but i JUST found out im pregnant. it is not comforting.

and how do i respond? "thanks for that story ill try not to miscarry ?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like they just want to have a conversation about themselves. Congratulations!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I would just ignore those comments.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I had 4. Not what you want to hear but I can relate to the women talking to to. I will just say I is unhappy. I think most women who caution you about this or that are trying to be nice but it backfires. Our mind gets triggered and we try to think what we can say so that hopefully you don't do the same. Don't worry advice for me won't work for you.

I do advise you to talk to your doctor often and make sure your exercise

isn't too much at whatever stage you are in and follow the advice given and you should have a great pregnancy.
    What to say? Stop them when they first say the word miscarriage and with wide terrified eyes ask if they are trying to jinx you? Then just walk off and say no , no, I can't deal with this. If you can manage a little sob, so much the better.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• lol dardanella im going to do just that!!

& i had explained to my Dr previous pregnancy about working out and he said as long as i don't push myself. i have been active in sports my entire life so its really not abnormal for me. everything i do is modified as well. im doing squads leg lifts legal (lol) ill lift extremely light weights like.. 5lbs ...

nothing strenuous at all. im well aware im pregnant and i take breaks and pace myself :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• People express their grief in strange ways sometimes. I would simply just say that you are sorry for their loss and then stop engaging them in conversation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Wow- that's not very sensitive of them. I try to keep things like that to myself unless I'm asked. They may just mean well & want to alert you to signs to watch out for. Try not to let them get to you. Focus on the good things & the little blessing that will be coming into your lives. Congrats :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Wait until you are farther along and big as a house!!!! Then the stories will change to horror stories of labor and delivery!!!! I have no idea why some women do this!!!! It's total crap!!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• oh i know i dealt with that part last time. i didn't hear this.miscarriage stuff from anyone the first time.

its annoying as hell lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2013