What's the worst dream you've ever had?

I think I had the worst nightmare of my life last night. It was about my son passing after he went to the doctors for a shot and they injected him with the wrong stuff. But the worst part was that the dream carried on for days and I could literally feel the suffering. I woke up screaming and wanting to puke. It actually took a while for me to realize I was awake and this was real, not the dream. I woke the poor kid up to hold him. I think I freaked my husband out. It was HORRIBLE! I've never had such a horribly vivid nightmare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Health

• I hate those dreams and I'm sorry you had one! About 17 years ago I had a dream that some invisible parasite was eating my kids alive and I was watching them decompose in font of me. All these years later I have problems with that dream. It still freaks me
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I had a dream that my sone was missing and we found him in a dumpster- he was dead

HORRIBLE
    *********
    other than that- it was a recurring dream I had as a kid, that I was in a Buster Brown shoes store and there was a Santa there asking kids what they wanted for Christmas. My turn came, and I told him and he said he wanted me to go find this (specific) pair of shoes for him, and I would get what I wanted- but if I couldn't find them- he was going to kill me. So, I went looking but could not find them... I'd always wake up about the same time freaking out that Santa was going to kill me. yeah- nice...

and the one where I'm walking outside and I go to cross the street, and I get a few steps out but then I jsut can't seem to move, and I'm trying SO hard and there is a car coming and I wake up (it's all sort of slow motion at that point) -that was also a dream I had a few times. Same every time
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• At 17, I dreamed that I was kidnapped. It was very vivid and I could not so back to sleep after it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• dreams of being raped, I don't know why I had them.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Mine is a reoccurring dream of an actual happening.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Mine is one I don't think i could ever forget. I had it when my DD was four months old. I had a dream she died and we were at her funeral and she was in an open casket wearing a pair of PJs I like on her. I of coarse was bawling then they started to lower her into the ground still with the casket lid up and I freaked and I was trying to grab her and couldn't reach her. at this point I was half awake but couldn't fully wake up the dream kept going but I could see my bedroom at the same time. That's when my husband woke me up and started to scream and cry. He freaked out and jumped out of bed asking what was wrong. I kept telling him to go check on DD, he did and came back to say she was fine. Took me a long time to stop crying and go back to sleep. It felt so real.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• oh the very next day I threw away those PJs... few days later I found out the daycare was abusing my child. I pulled her out right away and called the police. The daycare shutdown less then a year later.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Seems Now days I have dreams about my DH either I find out he is having an affair, or saying he want a divorce. Realistic dreams that make me mad when I wake up.

Answer by louise2 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Any dream where something bad happens to my kids.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• As far as the emotional aftermath, the ones full of dead relatives (meaning ones who really are dead). If it's something bad about ds or dh, I can look at them and touch them after I wake up. Parents and grandparents not so much. Those are just completely draining, even if the dream itself was happy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2013