GODS OR JUST GOD?

I THINK ALL THE DIFFERENT BELIFES ARE JUST ONE ...I TRUELY THINK THEY HAD JUST BEEN INTERPRETED DIFFERENTLY BY DIFFERENT CULTURS TO MAKE DIFF GODS BUT ARE REALLY THE SAME

WHAT DO YOU THINK...AM I OUT THERE
?

mom-quit

Asked by mom-quit at 12:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Gods
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• gods
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• As far as the Middle Eastern (Judaism, Islam, and Christianity), I might buy it. But when you consider Native American religions, South American religions, Asians, and African religions, I just don't see any connection.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I will only comment that God said in the Bible... "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" implying of course, that there are other gods. I don't think he would warn us NOT to if they didn't exist Make any sense?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• YES BUT I THINK ITS THE SAME GUY THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT JUST SOME HOW MISCONSTRUED IN TO BEING DIFFERENT GODS....BUT STILL THE SAME GOD....MAN IS REALLY GOOD AT SCREWING THINGS UP LOL
    mom-quit

Answer by mom-quit at 1:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• In the Christian Bible, God says he is a jealous god and repeatedly warns against worshiping other gods.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

Meaning of course that there ARE other Gods which could be worshipped if the people were not warned against...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Eeek get out of my head pagan_mama...LOL I was thinking the same thing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Our Gods are against us worshipping other Gods,this is true.But for those who do not believe in our God,why can't they worship another one?or several?I don't understand our need to have a monopoly on the universe.In my beliefs we think every belief and nonbelief on earth takes it's place and is neither good nor bad.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• There is only one true God,and that is in fact why He warns us in the Bible, against worshipping false gods,which is what any other "god" is. Our creator is worthy of our worship, only. He is in fact,the Creator of the Heavens,and the Earth,and everything and everyone in it. The only thing any other "god" ever created is mayhem,and division,and ultimately mass murder and suicide. Don't believe me? Look at the Middle East.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009