Is cursing trashy in your book? adult content

im so annoyed.. my soap opera just came back on HULU (its not on network television anymore, just the computer) and some of the 'fans' got upset that there was cursing on the show so One Life To Live just announced that there won't be anymore cursing. for the record, the "filthiest" it got was shit and damn. and even funnier, these prudish fans dont have any apparent issue with the sex, violence, nudity and drugs on the show, JUST the cursing! im reading some of the comments and they say that cursing is "trashy" and "ignorant". well i fucking disagree! lol obviously if you're saying it every other word, that's ignorant. but a little fuck here or a shit there makes the show more realistic because lets face it, most people in everyday life swear moderately.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on when it is being used. It's trashy to stand in line at the grocery store and yell to your kids "get your fuckin' asses over here". I mean I drop the F bomb at least twice a sentence when I'm venting about work to my husband but I have class in public.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I think cursing is overused. I am not totally against it, I just feel that we do not have to this is a good fucking cake, but can say that the cake is good etc.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• In my mind, every word has its place.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• On that note, "Do you know where the fuckin' thing I printed out went?" and other similar phrases are extremely common around our office, bosses, interns, etc. alike. But obviously when a client or board member is in we watch our mouths.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I think cursing sounds trashy when it's combined with poor English. "Yo asshole, you aint know shit." is trashy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• With all the bed hopping that happens and backstabbing on those shows and people are getting their panties in a wad over damn...

Oh wow, thats funny
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Are you kidding me?! You can't possibly show One Life to Live & not have Dorian call Vicky a bitch! It just isn't the same. Or All My Children, and have anyone call Ericka a bitch. (ooops are we still not allowed to say that here on CM?) :p What a crock of poo. See, not the same. It's a soap- it's supposed to have drama.
    As for real life, the only cuss word that really bothers me is the F word. And that's mostly b/c it gets overused. (not by me- just in general)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Yes I think it's trashy

Answer by missanc at 4:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Totally depends. If every other word you are saying is a curse word, then yes, it is definitely trashy. But I think a well timed curse word here and there actually ADDS to it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• yes
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2013