Work

The regional Manager of GCA called me up one day and asked if everything was going okay with everyone I told him that it was. He then said if there was to be any overtime that I would just need to have my manager approve first. Which doesn't make sense since he's the one that approves it.
I called my manager the next day and expressed my concerns about all the work load and asked if I could work some overtime because I didn't think I could get the work done.
She said that overtime wouldn't be allowed that the regional manager will not approve for overtime.
I told her that I had just got off the phone with him and that he said it was fine as long as she was okay with it.
I had a meeting yesterday and was confronted by this,it told him that when he called I had it on speaker phone and that even my husband heard him say I could get overtime if it was okay with the manager. Apparently my manager is pissed off at me and he gave me a really hard time. The regional manager undermines everyone's intelligence,I broke down yesterday and just cried. I'm the lead there at gca services and I have begged for more people,and they refuse to hire anyone else,and they give you crap for asking for overtime.
I'm now in the process of looking for a different job. The lead before me was sexually harrassed and they are sweeping it under the rug,they said the guy is deaf and doesn't understand what he did.
Really not sure what to do,for now I just keep on going.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Money & Work

• i was basically trying to protect myself because my manager has said things and turn around and say she never said that. The former lead she had on before said it's happened to her as well numerous time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Go above their heads if he's harassing you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I do not know what GCA is or what kind of work it is.
    Hubby's favorite phrase is CYA, document everything.
    He rarely has phone conversations that are not recorded and everything by email is date stamped and filed as well as being sent to more than one person.

If it is a case of harassment then I agree document and got to HR.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Time to move onto a better job. No job is worth the misery. If you're a good worker, you'll find a job in no time. Make finding a job your job.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2013