I am a volunteer at renfaire and need some advice, or thoughts.

I work very, very hard, by choice at rennfaire. I hand all the kitchen matters for the royal court. I had some issues this year and addressed them to the guild master who basically told me to tell some one to do it. Not my job and I do not have any authority to do so.
The issue remained for the entire run. I had some other issues. I wrote them all down a week after faire was over so I could address them in a calmer manner but not forget. I tore a hole in the paper. I am still angry 2 weeks later. lol.
I have been asked to join every other guild in the faire so it is not a question of will he kick me out etc. I am contemplating a move to a different guild anyway.

Here is my question. I have been in this guild for a very long time and seen it all. This is a new guild master and I knew he would have some difficulties just because it is his first year. He has asked me to tell him what problems I may have had and problems I have seen/ heard throughout the run of faire. He has also asked (email) what I feel he needs to improve in his guildmastering.
I am still furious. I like this man but I am afraid of what I will say. This is the second time he has asked.
Should I keep ignoring the posts for now?
Should I try to type it out and just keep getting madder as I type and trash the letter many times?
Should I just vent it all out and get it off my chest no matter how much I hurt him?
He is a very sensitive person and easily hurt. Again, everyone of us is a volunteer.
I don't know what category to post this in.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 5:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Write it out once as a first draft. Get all the spleen out. I do that whenever I've had a bad newscast. (I'm a TV news producer.) Then in an hour, do a rewrite. Continue to rewrite till you're no longer angry and can laugh at it. Because unless someone died, it will become a comedy of errors.

Remember, this is just the Renaissance Faire. I enjoy them too, but it's a volunteer gig and supposed to be fun. You can let him know it was NOT fun for you, and then give him a list of the problems and your suggestions for improvement. That's what he's asking for. You don't need to tell him how angry you are. You simply need to tell him how to do it RIGHT.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• HAAAZah! , My favorite thing in the world is Renfest! I think you should ask him to meet for coffee and explain your side of the story, tell him you like him and would like to teach him, but I think the tit for tat on the emails is silly, just tell him you want to talk to him in person, he might be unaware of how much this bothers you, just call him up!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2013