How do i get my cousin to move out of my mothers house?

i have a 36 year old cousin who came from honduras he basiclly is living with my mom at her house until he get back on his own feet the problem is he's been in her house for 5years eating her cooked food not helping in her around the house the main problem for me is he pays my mother rent "when he can" basiclly he pays 360 for a whole basment but pays her half and saids ill pay you next month but doesnt ever pay i no its a problem for my mother n im tired of her stressing out so im here to ask what would america do if they had this problem???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Why is this in special needs?

Place this question into relationships
    For more answers
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• write out a 30 day to vacate notice make a copy and hand it to him. Make sure you date the note as well. If he isn't gone by the time the 30 days is up, call the police.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• But if you are not owner of the house, you can not force him out of someone's home
    Does your mom want him out? If so the write up contract like lost said
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• its my mother so her problems my problems if you dont have a an answer go bother someone else
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Perhaps putting it in the right category might net you more positive responses. And BTW, if it's such a bother to get answers in a public forum, then perhaps posting a question here was premature on your behalf.

In short, you don't get your cousin to move out. That is your mother's job.  It may not be as easy as a notice to vacate.  She should check with an attorney to find out what your cousin's rights are as a tenant / resident living there.  She may end up having to have them removed from her property, but that will probably come after a long battle.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• If it is a problem for your mother help her to file eviction papers and get it going. If she just stresses and won't do anything about it, there is nothing you can do.
    Unless he is not here legally and then you can just turn him in.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• If he has been there for that many years, than he can keep staying there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

Wow, Anon, that was rude. What Paxy meant was that you cannot legally make a contract to force someone out of a home that isn't yours. Your mother has to do it. If she isn'willing, then all you can do is tell her you don't want to listen to her stress out about a problem she won't take steps to solve.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• if your mom doesn't want him there SHE needs to talk to him
    if you talk it could cause conflicts
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• give him his walking papers asap...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2013