Do you understand the term "special needs"?

Seriously, after a few of the posts I have read, the point of this category seems to be slipping past a few people.

Special needs is not because you have a need, and that makes it special.

Special needs is for the mothers of children who have different issues to work with while raising their children.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Special Needs

• but... their mama told them they were special!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• So it doesn't man my need is more special then everyone else????
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• omg, there are people who think it means that you have a need that is special? and just when i thought i'd seen the epitome of stupid.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Yeah I noticed that too. I reported her question stating that it should be under money and work, but since they nixed the recat button, it would be swell if they could move it to it's proper place. Apparently they did.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• What about people who care for adults with special needs, should they find a new section seeings this is only for mothers who care for kids?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• funlovin I think if you take care of a special needs adult, they should be able to place it in that category
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I would think any question having to deal with special needs individuals (baby, youth, adolescent and adults) would be right at home in the special needs category.

Honestly though, does it surprise anyone that it's being used this way? I mean, check the grammar, know that there are anono-nasties that just want attention and know that they will use any opportunity to seek attention in yet another category.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• So, who thought that if they created a Special Needs category it, unlike EVERY OTHER category, would never get misunderstood or misused?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Well I know this section isn't for me to post about my pregnancy or money problems. I was under the impression that since it's in the PARENTING section that it is geared for questions of parents regarding their special needs children such as those with kids who have conditions such as Autism, etc. But what do I know. I've only been here for the last 6+ years or so.....
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• DUH
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2013