Sahm n need of some friends lol

As you ladies know I moved not long ago and has been pretty awesome. Kids love it here and get along great with neighbors kids and husband enjoy work and gets home in time for dinner as a family. Only down fall is I have yet to make any new friends!!! My neighbors are all nice and friendly but nine of them really try to start up a convo with me and when I try they kida cut it short. One night they had a bonfire and my dj and I were outside and they didn't extend any invite (that same night we over heard them discussing how they dont agree with races mixing.. Didn't say why just a statement we overheard). Idk if that means they are against biracial couple or in general. I'm all for people being with whoever they want dispite color, gender, religion whatever and te comment made me think maybe they aren't the kinda friends I want?? Yet I can't help but feel left out.

New to the area and really need a buddy. ESP since dh is deploying in a few months. And most parents let their kids play at the park without the parents being there.. (some watch from a distance). So I can't even socialize while watching the kids play together.

Any idea? How do you make friends ? How'd you meet your Bestie? Lol

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 10:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Mom's of preschoolers. There is also MOMs clubs all over the place. Just look them up online. They host things like play groups and mom's night out kind of things. They may have small dues, but I believe this is to help pay for craft supplies and for things when they do their mom's night out.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Look into local MOPs groups or local play groups.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Mop groups?
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• I have not had a "bestie" for about 20 yrs...
    It usually takes me about 2 yrs to make friends when we move to nhen every time I finally DO- we end up moving again. Ugh. Thank the internet gods for Facebook-so I can stay in touch with old friends and keep my sanity!

the only advice I have is just try to get out to places where you may be able to make a friend and not stay in the house all the time... it takes awhile
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2013

• Thanks ladies!! I will look it up online and yes I also have made friend but then we end up moving. I still talk to my friends almost daily even if it's a quick hello how are you today message but I could de use some friends to have a cup of coffee with, arrange play dates, have some mom time lol
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2013