Do you use iMessage if you have an iPhone?

If so, why? I'm wanting to know the importance of having it on as opposed to not turning it on. It seems like it causes a bunch of problems for me with texts coming from and email or phone number, so I have it off. However, I read where it might not use as much data to have it on.

Anyone know?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Technology

• Your text messages to other iPhone users are sent over the internet instead of though your carrier, so they don't count against your SMS limit. For hubby and me it's great, as we both have iPhones and mostly message each other. You're right, though, that the feature where your messages can also go to your iPad, Mac, etc. can be kind of flaky.
    emma-s

Answer by emma-s at 10:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My sister uses iMessage to message me through her iPhone. Problem for me is I haven't turned it off on some devices so messages go through my iPad and iPod touch. I don't know about data but I think it's free to everyone who has an iPhone regardless of carrier.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I didn't realize it was an option, but I like knowing if the message has been delivered or not.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• yes... We don't pay extra for texting and it's free on my plan!! So I can't text anyone who doesn't have an iPhone... UGH!! But luckily there's an app for that!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2013