Do you and your spousal unit have the same sleep schedule?

My husband and I have always been night owls. But bow he has a job where he has to be at work 5am. So now he goes to bed around 10pm. I am just not tired at ten. :( I feel bad about it but don't really know what to do. I can't go to bed a lie there for two hours until I fall asleep, but I do think it is not great for our sex life either. What would you do?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• My DH and I are completely different. He goes to bed at 9pm and gets up at 4:30am. I don't know why he gets up so early. He doesn't have to. I go to bed no sooner than 11pm, usually later. I get up at 6:30 when I'm working, and usually just before 9am on weekends.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I would get up earlier with him and work throughout the day trying to tire myself out at the same time he needs to go to bed. Go to bed anyway it is not just used for sleep.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My boyfriend is more of a night owl than I am naturally, although I work a lot at night now so sometimes I'm up later than he is. I'm definitely not in a sexy mood late at night, though, so I try to make a habit of knocking off work early now and then or suggesting that we go upstairs for a while, then coming back down afterward if I have more to do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• He's the early riser, I'm the night owl.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We haven't been on the same sleep schedule in MANY years. Even before his accident. But we never needed "bedtime" to have "bed time."

In fact, morning was always better.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I usually stay up later than dh and most days I wake up before him.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Yes- I'm the early to bed, early to rise one & he'd sleep all day after staying up half the night, if he didn't have to work.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• He's in bed by 9,I'm in bed by 10-12

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• DH has to get up for work at 2 AM, so he generally goes to bed around 8, sometimes earlier. I usually go to bed around 10, (I get up at 5:30). Sometimes I go to bed with him and then just get back up after sexy time.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• nope- he works 7pm to 7am
    I sleep about 10- 5 or 11-6
    been this way THIS time- 2 yrs straight, he's working on getting back on days- but Intel won't let him, so we are moving AGAIN (back to Utah). Ugh...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2013