If your kid(s) learn one thing from you before entering the world on their own, what do you hope it is?

What do you hope they dont?

Mrs.C.McK

Asked by Mrs.C.McK at 1:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a daughter, and i just hope that she learns not to rely on other people. I wasnt raised like that at the age of 15 i worked 2 jobs.. one on tues wed thurs after school and the other on mon fri sat and sun... and i went to school as well.. Not that i want her to do this, but i would like her to know that she should do everything in her own power to give herself what she needs and not to take the hand outs unless she really needs it because there is other familys out there tht need it more then she may.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• its to accept people for who they are and not judge, i want my children to understand that everyone is different and has a right to be that way. I want them to be accepting of race, orientation, political views whatever, i hope that they learn that my firends are from many different backgrounds, faiths, colors, and beliefs and that is okay that it opens up so much in our lives to accept the people we meet for who they are.

I hope they learn to be smarter financially lol, i didnt learn that lesson early enough i hope they do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh and i hope she doesnt learn parenting that early in life.. i would like for her to have the time to live life... i was 18 when i got pregnant... not even legal to drink.. now what am i going to do on my 21st birthday? probably not much of anything because i have a child athome that needs to be taken care of
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I hope my kids have learned to take care of themselves. That is my #1 job as a parent...to raise productive and self-sufficient adults. My kids are all learning the basics (cleaning and cooking) right now. In a couple years, when they are tall enough to reach the controls, they will learn to do their laundry and then they will take over doing those chores. I'm not their maid and I don't plan to cater to them their entire lives.
    I'm proud at how independent and responsible they are. I trust them to do a lot of things most parents don't trust their older kids to do (they are 8, 7, 6 and almost 3).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I hope my child learns to be an effective advocate. That means he will know how to take care of his needs and the needs of others around him. That when he sees injustice he will be able to know what needs to be done in order to address the situation appropriately. An effective advocate carries the qualities of someone who is assertive, compassionate, empathetic, has humor, creative, and resourceful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i have two daughters.
    and i want them to be LADIES.
    self respecting, polite, loving
    humble, lady-like, smart
    women. i dont want them to be
    boy-crazy or take anything from
    a man. just positive members
    of society who act like they have
    some home training.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 10:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The one thing I want my kids to know is they are not whores or thugs. Their education is important. They have respect and love for themselves first.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• dont be sheep. dont follow the pack.and be the very best at what ever you can be..if you work at mcdonalds be the best at the to if you are the pres of a company be the best at that...try your hardest...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• To treat people as you would want them to treat you....
    I want them to learn as much as possible and not go out into the world with blinders on....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Responsability in all they do. That would include being honest and true to their word and to treat people well.

For me, it all rolls up into that one word.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009