Im curious

if someone deletes their account, can they come back under the same name? will Cafemom recognize the screenname/IP address and let them 'reactivate' at their previous level?

or, say, if DeletedPerson2013's account was deleted by cafemom because they were causing a lot of drama, if someone totally different happens to come along and wants to pick the screenname DeletedPerson2013 will CM allow this, or is that screenname forever resting in screenname limbo?

*disclaimer- don't worry, i don't plan on on making a troll account or deleting my own account LOL it was just mere curiosity.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I would guess the name is gone for good - even if they delete, all their previous postings still exist. Only one troll has managed to get all of her previous answers deleted, but even then, the BA's are still out there - they couldn't delete those.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• In short, and extra character or few characters would be needed. Though cafemom COULD reactivate a deleted account if they so wanted to.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• It's forever in screen name limbo. Now there may be variations of it that are slightly different. (Say if someone were to use my name and do KristiS111384, adding an extra 1 in the name) However the original name can never be used again on this site.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• kristi
    i have seen that happen once
    it really threw me for a loop, and went unnoticed by me until someone pointed it out
    felt bad for the "real" mom who had this new fake person pretending to be her
    was more than year ago, do not remember who it was
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I remember it too fiat and remember EXACTLY who it was that it happened to. Her account if I remember correctly was actually deleted and after many many LONG e-mails with the team was finally reinstated and the person harassing her was deleted (but probably came back under another name). The stalker had even copied the persons avatar, Screen name (adding an extra character at the end) etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• i remember having someone email me explaining what was up
    then it made sense as i had NOT noticed an extra character in her screen name
    but i did notice her answers were NOTHING like she was before

i could imagine, many people were reporting the fake one, and the real one when they saw it, as they did not notice the slight difference

sneaky horrible stalker
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• It was a mess to say the least.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• interesting to see of admin makes comment on this question
    or like old admin- gives the question the poof and gives OP a form letter about contacting admin directly with any questions

as for reusing a poofed name for a new account
    common sense says no,
    but i will refer to someone who knows about computer programming for any tech answer
    oh look ^ there she is :)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I think, just because it doesn't delete the previous answers and everything when you delete account, that you couldn't, but CM admin probably know better than I do, haha.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I remember, then she got chased off the site later for daring to have a bad day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2013