When you thought you could be pregnant.....

was your first inclination to jump on the internet and ask a bunch of random strangers? My first thought was to go get a test to find out. Then I followed that up with a trip to the clinic in case I tested wrong. I realize this is a great place to get some answers, but it never occurred to me that I should simply post all my symptoms and accept that majority rules. Because surely you lovely ladies know more than a urine test that could be wrong. And of course you know better than some silly doctor who makes a career out of it and had studied several years. You know better than my mom too. She just gave birth to me and possibly several siblings. What does she know about being pregnant? So, what was the first thing you did when you thought....Am I pregnant???

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 10:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I stopped random people on the street and asked their opinions :-)
    emma-s

Answer by emma-s at 10:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My first thought was to pee on all of the sticks in my yard, but that didn't net me any clues. I want a member here then so I couldn't ask asinine questions about the way my body works and set myself up for the expectation that y'all would somehow have clairvoyant abilities to know if my egg was fertilized and implanted.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• my first thought was to buy a test and pee on it, and so i did
    then when positive - but i was bleeding, i called doctor office and told them what was happening, went into the doctor office and had a test there-still positive, and then was referred to another office to have a scan to see why i was bleeding. that doctor said normal, but still was bleeding and more, so i went to see another doctor who did another scan and she found placenta issues

i could have just asked on here, sure i would have gotten my answer to what was going on much faster
    ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My first inclination was to figure out when my period was due and if I had missed it and then go to the store and buy a test if I had. (If I hadn't it was to wait until it was due and then test)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Well, my boys came along before I ever had a computer, sooooo..... lol :p JK- No- I would handle it the "normal" way. Asking someone who couldn't possibly know is stupid. Don't you want to know for sure & not play guessing games?! Duh!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• There were many times I "thought I might". Never once did I test before I knew I was late, and only once did the test not come up positive (obviously, I've only peed on a few sticks in my life). Like fiat, when I had problems in my last pregnancy and started bleeding, I called the doctor, who sent me to the hospital (where I met the evil man who forgot to shut off the catheter filling my bladder for the ultrasound). Never once occurred to me to ask on the internet. It definitely didn't occur to me to seek out a website I'd never seen before to ask - if I was going to, I'd at least have asked someone I knew, who happened to be on the internet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• No one knew we were trying to get pregnant, and even after I knew I was pregnant both times, we didn't tell anyone for a while. So no, I didn't talk to anyone about if I could be pregnant. I just took a test.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We didn't have the internet (at least not in this capacity) back then. I peed on the stick, cried, called my best friend and then my mom. My mom then told me to call the doctor, and get referred somewhere (I had no insurance).
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• lol I took a test though by that time I was about 6 weeks pregnant. I knew I was pregnant the test was more of a formality. Oddly enough right after I tested my morning sickness kicked in.

First thing I did was call my best friend lol Then I told my Bf of the(yes I was not very responsible). I didn't get a chance to tell my mother she figured it out after I started getting sick all the time. lol

Never once did it occur to me to ask a bunch of strangers, whether here or somewhere else like yahoo answers.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I'd tried and tried to get pregnant for eight years with no success and been told I'd never conceive, so when I missed my second period, I took a test that I was sure would turn out negative. When it didn't, I thought the person who had helped me with it had read it rong, so I took another. Hmmm, could two people not know how to read the tests right? So I went to the doctor for another test. When she said I was pregnant, I said, "No, I'm not. I'm infertile." She said, "Apparently not."

Still, I would never have dreamed of asking strangers on the Internet. It's a pretty unscientific approach.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2013