Which is harder to raise... boys or girls

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• When a girl goes in the bathroom and tries to flush your phone, and you ask her what she's doing, she'll say, "NOTHING!"
    When a boy goes in the bathroom and tries to flush your phone, and you ask him what he's doing, he'll tell you exactly what he's doing.

Most people use this story to suggest boys are easier than girls. I use it to point out you still have a wet phone, no matter who flushed it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I think boys, but that could just be my boy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Boys, lol
    I don't have girls to compare the two but NP is SO right!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Everyone has told me that girls are but, I'm so happy that I have girls. I'd be completely inept trying to raise a boy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I think it is a trade off. Boys are harder as little boys and girls are harder as teens.

Now... I am the mother of three boys... so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• both.... girls are easier when they are young and harder when they hit the tween years.... boys are the opposite. I just depends on what stage they are in!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Girls are harder. I've raised 3 older daughters and they were hard. Now we're raising 3 grandkids and the girl is by far the hardest. She just turned 5 today (Happy Bday Mya!) and she's a full blown drama queen. The boys on the other hand may get something crazy intheir heads (Like trying to ride the steer) but they're always honest about it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• As the mother of a boy and a girl... I have to say they are equally hard in different ways. DD is WAY sassier but DS is WAY more physical. Both are defiant at times and pretty strong willed, but over different things. So I don'think either one is easier, they just have different challenges. I suppose if you are better at handling physical behavior than diva-ish attitues boys might seem easier... or vise versa.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• It either goes one of two ways.
    Boys are harder because you have all girls,(and thus girls are harder cause you have all boys)
    Or Girls are harder because you have all girls (and boys are harder cause you have all boys).
    Each presents their own challenges. I think this is why so many moms like wine!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I found it to be no different. The boys were different from each other, and the girl was different from both of them. Every child is a work of art and has to be parented differently, at least that was my experience. I'm seeing the same thing in my grandchildren.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2013