I heard of a church where they don't actually baptize people. The person would go off and do something (?) then share online with others. Have you heard of this?

rufmom

Asked by rufmom at 12:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• What is the something they go off and do?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Yeah I mean we need more details. Charles Manson's followers went off and did things too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• K. I'm sure there are many. I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones. I would think you would have to be a little more specific if you are trying to figure out the specific denomination (if there is one).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Charles Manson's followers went off and did things too.

Well good morning, sunshine!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Wait, is this concerning vinty?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• go off and do something...SUCH AS?

I have no idea
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Your original description is quite vague, but like Kristi said, there are probably many that do - good and bad.

Honestly it makes me think a little of vision quests or things like that, like are found in more indigenous (I'm not using that word disrespectfully) cultures and their religions. Minus the sharing online bit... Bit in those ways of faith the individual would go off in whatever circumstances their particular group set up for this event, and would use it as a way to find an inner truth/spiritual guidance and purpose. Usually this was done at a certain age, in order to find one's spiritual and life direction.

You could even be talking about pilgrimages, though... In many faiths there are sacred sites or relics that people will travel to see/experience, and it is considered a sacred experience. It can even be a metaphorical one...

Without further information, though, it's hard to narrow down what you're asking for.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• *but, lol - The paragraph about vision quests, that second bit is supposed to be but, sorry ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Pretty vague description. More details, please.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• welcome to Cafemom...you sure found answers fast...sigh.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2013