Does anyone know what this could be on my cat? (Picture, not for the squeamish) adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Pets

• Maybe a bite that got infected....put Betadine on it, this my cure all.....

Answer by older at 12:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Looks like an infection and absess of some kind. Take it to the vet, if an infection gets into the blood system it can easily kill a cat. it needs antibiotics most likely not just a topical application of some kind.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Looks like a ruptured abscess/cyst. My guinea pigs get them. Does it stink? I usually squeeze what I can out and flush it with water. Then I take them to the vet for antibiotics.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Anon, ask Iz if this is the same thing that happens to her guinea pigs. I think it might be a ruptured cyst or something like that. Her guinea pigs have a lot of them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• It looks like an abscess that burst. I would take her/him to the vet to get some antibiotics.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If what I am seeing is what is there, then I would take this cat to the vet as soon as you can. There is a condition of the skin that looks like what I am seeing and your cat will need antibiotics to lick it and you do not want this cat licking this sore and getting inside her. You can wash the area, It does not appear to be bleeding. Even if you use clear water. If you are going to the vet right now do not put on a topical because you want him to see what is going on and not disguise or minimize it. You might be able to call the vet and mail him the picture for advice.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Looks like another cat bite
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 5:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Looks like a skin infection. Take the cat to the vet. Banfield pet hospitals in PetSmart stores offer a payment plan (Wellness plan) that lets you have unlimited doctor's visits, a few vaccinations and rabies shots every year for a monthly fee of around $20. You can get a free first exam coupon Keep your cat inside from now on if it was an outdoor cat. Indoor cats stay healthier, which means less expenses for you. You can buy claw covers that glue on to prevent scratching on furniture.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Infection or hotspot.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2013