Answerer of the week

Congrats to Ballad for this :)

but seriously, they still decided to call it that? Is it just me, or does it seem like there could have been a better name for it?

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 1:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I understand the reasoning behind it but, I agree that it should be member of the week and that we should not vote on it. It should be admin's decision with a different person selected each week.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I think this may have been something they created to get us back on track in Answers.

It's sad that they implemented it about the absolute worse way they could. The one reason people prefer Answers over groups is that popularity is not a factor. Someone who only comes in every 6 months for a day or two is on equal footing with someone who answers every single question, regardless of how helpful. This just added a popularity contest that is already pissing people off, either because they don't agree with who was picked, or they don't agree with the criteria.

They'd be far better off to bring back the sponsored questions - answer 20 questions in section XYZ this week and you are put in a drawing to win a real prize from the sponsor (used to be stuff like cheesecake and gift cards). On your 20th answer you'd get a special badge for it, and at the end of the week, anyone who got the badge went in the drawing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I agree that having us vote on it is just going to cause drama here. Too much bad blood between some people and not enough neutrality. We know each other pretty well and our opinions of others would influence our choices. A weekly popularity contest is the last thing we need. I t5hink it should go, but if they are going to keep it, admin needs to be the only one involved. Not any of us.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I actually don't think it is appropriate to have "Answerer of the week" nor do I think it is appropriate to do this either:

The Admin should remain neutral & not "chummy".  I am very fond of Ballad & her answers but the whol thing is ridiculous. If anything they should have "Best Advice of the Week" with no voting just advice selected at random that seems to have answered a question thouroughly & effectively.

That's my opinion.

This current way is just seperating members.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• we could call it

Member of the Week

but afraid, there may be a few giggles along with many pics posted that admin would have to poof

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• They went for quantity over quality of answers.... making things more "groupie"... it's kind of turning me off more and more... Sigh...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• i think if they keep this, it should be the admin's choice and their choice only...that way we can ignore it like we did with the points & awards. that way those who care can try to "win" it but it wont come between members. cause honestly...theres some bad blood between some of y'all and i just see this getting ugly and catty fast.

also, just wanted to add that my dislike of this has nothing to do with Ballad...she is awesome!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I wouldn't say that necessarily, I mean I think Ballad gives some really good answers here.

And she often gives the SAME answers as so many others before her the thread as well... as do others... all making this "award" pretty unnecessary. She (or anyone else here - not singling her out) give very similar answers as others. How does that make her (or ANYONE else) "answer-er of the week"??? Again... it's not about her really... it's about the criteria for this being so sketchy that it will just invite attention whores to try and buck for this award. Just like all those foolish group contests... UGH!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• WOW I missed a lot this week.

I think it sounds weird too,
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I honestly just think the whole idea is silly and somewhat petty. It is eventually going to start some shit. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2013