Did your eyes change after having a baby?

It's been almost 4 years since I had my son, but eyes have never been the same. I try to wear contacts but after a while they get really blurry anything I can do for that? I really want to wear them all day today I always wear my glasses.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Health

• My vision changed. I'd worn glasses since 6th grade and my vision improved slightly every year. Now this year, it's gotten worse for the first time since my oldest was born 12 years ago.

I wore contacts for a while, but after a year or two, I ended up having to stop. They would be blurry, and they would feel really dry and uncomfortable. I found out later that I have dry eyes now, which makes wearing contacts pretty much impossible (for me, at least).
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I always had bad vision, and having my kids didn't really change that any more than they were already changing. I moved to the desert when my kids were 3 years old and 4 months old, and my vision got way worse. My eyes were always really dry and irritated. They changed a bit more. I went to the eye doctor and found out that I would need special weighted contacts. That's when I decided I'd had enough, and I got LASIK done. That was in 2007, and I am so glad I had it done. My husband had his eyes done 5 days after mine. I have had perfect vision ever since.
    I still deal with dry eyes (and I know it's the desert because they were fine when I went to Hawaii on vacation), so my doctor put in silicone punctum plugs a few years ago. That's helped a lot. I also use drops before I go to bed at night and first thing in the morning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Yes and it's completely normal. Some eye doctors will refuse an exam to pregnant women until after they give birth.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I had to get a new prescription after each baby, and they're way more sensitive to everything than they used to be. I've never been able to wear contacts though.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2013