Where were you when 911 happend? how old?

You don't have to answer the age, just thought it was interesting I was at work today and a guy came in and shared his story of where he was when 911 happened that he was about to have an interview? I just thought that it was interesting.
I was sleeping at my house, I worked the late shift right after graduation from HS, and that's when I was staying up late in the night, so I wasn't really aware it was happening.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I was just waking up, and my then husband yelled to me that the s**t had really hit the fan. I was thirty years old.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• When it was happening I was getting ready for high School(I had to leave at 6:30 am for school in the west coast). I found out when I got to school. I was a sophmore.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I was 33?
    getting the kids ready for school I think *or maybe they had left (can't remember) but I remember that I woke hubby up to tell him what was going on (he worked late nights)
    Went to work that afternoon at Denny's and they had brought the tv out front so everyone could watch the coverage
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• i was 15 and in homeroom class. my teacher didn't say anything as we walked in, he had the tv on and was glued to the news. it was pretty much like that in all of my classes until i went home (my mom signed me out early because the school was a stone's throw from an air force base which was considered a threat at the time) and all day long you could hear/see the military jets and planes flying out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I was 22 years old. I had just gotten to work at a mortgage company, and my boss was running around freaking out, saying that the end of the world was coming, and stuff like that. I had to ask someone else to figure out what was going on. Then we went downstairs to the breakroom at the bank, and everyone was crammed in watching news coverage on the little tv. I remember seeing the first tower falling, and the news caster said "it looks like something just fell from the top of the tower". I had this sick feeling, and the dust started to clear and in a couple of seconds you could see the tower was gone. Just awful.
    My husband and I were trying to get pregnant with our first child at the time, and we had a serious talk about if we should bring children into this world. We talked about it a lot. I was pregnant a month later.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We got up that morning to get ready for class. For some reason my husband turned on the tv... that was unusual. He said come over and see this... the World trade Center was bombed. As we were watching we saw the second plane hit. The news was still reporting it as a bombing when the second tower was crashed into. My husband and I just hugged our baby, I cried. It was a horrible day. I was 24.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I just moved back from England the week before and was living with my parents.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Almost 27 and I was stationed in Italy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• i was 16 and living in Alaska, so i was still home before school. mom drove us that morning (we usually rode the bus) and explained that my dad had been sequestered on the AFB for an unknown amount of time. we spent the day watching TV news, except in choir which didnt have a TV so we just ran thru our music...it was hard but it was nice to have something be "normal." my dad came home around 10pm the next day.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I was working in a PT clinic at a hospital in Boston. I personally didn't have any patients scheduled that morning and our office staff was out, so I was working the front desk. I watched it unfolding on the lobby TV, saw the 2nd plane hit live and went to get everyone so they could see. All our patients cancelled for the rest of the day. Our hospital was put on alert b/c they didn't know if they were going to start transferring patients up to us as is the plan in a disaster of that type if need be. They also braced for possible attacks in Boston. Our PT area was also the wash down center if there was any kind of chemical weapon used so we had to lock down our files in case the area had to be used... it was a crazy, yet calm day.

I usually left there at 1:30 to go out and work at the High School but they closed the school. I went home instead. I was NEVER so glad to leave the city... everyone was on edge at that point!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2013