Friends with Benefits revisted.

Are guys testing the girl. If he saids friends with Benefits? it means to me friends that have sex.
Sometimes it works I hear for some people and others it doesn't. I told him I don't think I can do it. I'm just being honest. I like him too much to be able to not have feelings will be too hard. I want to have a conversation with him about if were FWB what does that mean exactly.
But don't you think it's fair to say that I think we should hang out before we set any expectations?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• I honestly don't see the point in keeping him around at all. Get a good rabbit and go to town.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Respect yourself. Keep your legs closed until he EARNS that privilege.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• You deserve better than what he has to offfer.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• The understanding I've always of friends with benefits (fwb) is friends who have sex from time to time (or more regularly) but otherwise have no commitment to each other. So, you would still date other people, and he wouldn't be your "boyfriend".

My personal opinion is that some people can do it, while others develop feelings and just can't. If you're the type that would develop feelings, or who associates sex with love, then being fwb is probably a really bad idea. Especially since most of the time, it's only one person who develops the feelings, so things get awkward and someone always gets hurt.

There's nothing wrong with refusing to be fwb, if you don't want to be or think you can't handle it. And if he gets pissy over it, then consider it proof that he doesn't really consider you a friend, either.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Fwb means just having sex, no strings. I've done it before and it worked for us and what I wanted at the time. I also started out that way with my husband and we both developed feelings.

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• FWB, is basicly not strings type relationship. I tryed it. Didn't work for me.

Answer by louise2 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• There is a difference between hanging out and having sex. That is enjoying each other's company.
    FWB is just a booty call. Nothing more.
    You can't even have a conversation with him? He should be laying money on the counter because that is all this is to him.
    He is not your friend.

I would suggest you put a ban on you having sex for at least 6 months and figure out yourself first and what YOU want. A cat can help with that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• To be friends with benefits, I think first yu have to be friends. Which means you enjoy conversing, hanging out, doing things together outside the bedroom. Otherwise, you're just bed buddies, which works for some people, but it's sort of a step down from friends with benefits because sex is all you have in common.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2013