At what age do you still have living grandparents?

I am 32 and still have all 4 of my grandparents. Both of my grandfathers have declined in health over the last 2 years and one of my grandmothers is sure to starve herself to death if my grandpa dies. I am trying to prepare myself for what is to come, but am scared. I know I am lucky to still have all of my grandparents at this age and am wondering who else does and if you have the same fears.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am 26 and only have two left. You are blessed.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• you are blessed. Im 22 and only have two left. and thats after divorces and remarrying and everything
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I just turned 20 and have one grandpa that I don't like to claim. I don't ever talk to him so it's like he's not really there.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am also 32 and I have a grandmother and grandfather still alive. They arent married, but it's funny because they WERE way back when. They divorced and remarried, and now they are the only ones living. I do however, still have 1 great grandma alive still. Shes 92 and hanging on. I lost my other 2 great grandmas late last year, and they were both around 95. It truly is a blessing because my daughter, who's 13, was able to meet her great great grandmas, and we even have a couple 5 generation pictures with her, myself, my mom, my grandma and my great grandma. Way cool!! If you can, get pictures and ask questions so you can share their wonderful journeys with your children.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Wow, all of you are pretty lucky, my mom was orphaned by the age of 9 and my dads dad died when he was 13 and his mom died when I was 8. So I love the fact that my mom and my 10 yr old are soooo close! She spekas spanish and he speaks english but they have their wonderful way of communicating.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i am 29 and only ever had one grandparent. he died a little over eight years ago (on thanksgiving day)
    i think my mom's bio-mom is still alive, but the woman left my mom and grandpa when my mom was 18mths old, and will never be my grandma
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i'm 22, i still have all my grandparents (and then some, they all remarried), and i have 3 of my great-grandparents
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• im 26 and i only have my granmas left both my granpas died=(
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You are very lucky. My last grandparent died when I was 26.

My son effectively has no grandparents. My folks have died in the past few years. My FIL died long before my son was born. My MIL.....**sigh** No reasoning or talking with her.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am 21. MY maternal grandfather died before I was born. I never got to meet him and if I had the chance I would not take it. My maternal grandma is still alive and well. My paternal grand father died when I was 8, and My paternal grandmother died when I was 10. And my dad died when I was 16.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009