Viral rash??

I took my 6 month old son in last week for his 6 month check up and shots, and he was perfectly healthy at the time. That evening, he had a fever, which was expected, however, he also started to cough, sneeze and get a terrible runny nose. We even noticed he was getting these little red bumps, like red pimples almost, all over his body, mostly his torso, neck, and back of his head. I took him to his pedi, who said it looked like a viral rash, that it should go away after about 4 days; that was day 3. The next day we took him to the ER for a second opinion, and that dr agreed but gave my son antibiotics for bronchitis, JUST IN CASE, he said. Now we are on day 8 & although the other sypmtoms seem to be clearing up, the rash seems to be holding strong. I think I'm gonna take him in again tomorrow, but just curious what other moms think... Thanks in advance.

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would be careful with shots. Especially if the rash occured right after he got them. I am spreading apart my son's shots because if there is a reaction and you give them all the shots at once you don't know which shots are causing the reaction. Read the VACCINE BOOK by Dr.Sears. he tells you all about the vaccines and has an alternate schedule.

You can also google rashes and see if you can find images of similar rashes on line to see what it might be. A rash lasting that long seems kind of weird. Good Luck!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The vaccines are dangerous queens are going to come out on this one. Read this article and it has USEFUL information about NORMAL reactions to vaccines

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/vaccine.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My daughter had a viral rash once during a bout of bronchitis. I don't remember how long it lasted, but I don't think it was 8 days, so it's a good thing your taking your son in to the pedi. Don't forget to mention the fever after the shots. Although it could be attributed to the bronchitis, it's still good that your doc knows because it's not typically a normal vaccine reaction (btw- all my kids are fully vaxed, and that info came from their pedi).
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2009