• In the Spotlight:

What do you do all Summer?

do have your days planned or just wing it day to day?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• my dd and I are going to free museum night and zoo day and then next month we are renting a beach house
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Mostly we just hide from the heat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Mostly we just wing it. Some activities like our upcoming trip to an indoor amusement park or mini-golfing take a bit of planning since I don't drive, but going to the park or the pool can be more spontaneous. My daughter is going to have a sleepover with her older cousin in a few weeks, so right now that's what she's hyped up about. She has three more weeks of day camp spread out through the summer. I've found some good deals for local attractions on Groupon, so I'm kind of excited managing to afford fun outings that might otherwise have been beyond my budget.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I am at work and my son goes to summer camp. Weekends we always find something to do, cookouts, lake, hiking, downtown DC, etc
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We wing it, mostly. Kiddo does the summer program at the library, and he had a program for two weeks to get acclimated to kindergarten, since he starts in the fall. He starts t-ball next week or so, but other than that we just go day to day. We have a list of things we'd like to do this summer, like see fireworks, fly a kite, etc. Monday we're thinking of taking him out to this little waterfall place people in town like to go swim at. We'll get together with one of my friends who has a son about the same age as our son is, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• A mixture. Most of it's just spent around the house but things like camping trips we plan. Tonights weiner roast is last minute. DD decided she wanted to roast hotdogs for her birthday tonight.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Well, now that you've asked ... I spend way too much time of here amusing myself by posting beauty & style Qs.
    I take summer college courses online, they are never very taxing (easy credits).
    I participate in writing and photography challenges through my blog. June was a 30-day photog challenge. July is a month-long writing challenge.
    I ocean sport fish nearly every weekend. Hoping to catch my limit !
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• same as the rest of the year for the most part- nothing special
    *my kids are 17 and 19 now so we don't like go to the park or go swimming or anything
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I do the same thing,,work.

Answer by louise2 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We wing it. That's what makes summer so fun, the break from routines.

During the summer we visit the libary, the pool, hang out and watch movies, sometimes grill. After chores are done, we just kick back and enjoy our day.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2013