If someone said,"hey,i'm thinking of having a BBQ next weekend".....

"I'll let you know what day and all that..." and now it's 1 or 2 days before that day,would you call and ask if it's still on,or would you go ahead and make plans? IDK if asking would be pushy since it wasn't a definite thing. I also do not want to miss out of my own plans. I had completely forgotten about it until we decided to go to a small theme park,and the lightbulb went off about the "maybe BBQ"

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Personally, I would just make other plans. Unless I am good friends with the person that said it, in which case I would ask if they were still having it. Then I might me ton that we were planning the trip to the theme park. If my presents there is important I would expect them to pipe up at that time.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I guess it would depend on how close I was to the people and how much I enjoyed the company of who might be invited. I would definitely ask if I was close to them and was hopeful of seeing those who might be there. Otherwise I would make my other plans and not worry about it. It is getting late to plan last minute. Then again, if that person often plans things last minute it isn't out of the ordinary.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Unless you were asked to bring something I would assume it was not a go and make other plans
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• *mention*.
    Autocorrect really jacks things up sometimes. My normal typos are way more understandable.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If it was a good friend, I might call and ask. Otherwise I'd go to the theme park and not worry about it. I've got one friend who's always making last minute plans like that, or making plans ahead of time and then calling them off at the last minute, so I've gotten sort of shy about counting on people to stick to what they say.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If you haven't heard anything by now, I'd just go ahead with your other plans. If they call tomorrow tell them you didn't hear from them so you thought it was off. Then see ya!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• depends on how close you are...I would guess it's not happening though, if you havn't heard anything by now
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I figured if you're having a get together,it's up to you to call and let people know when and where

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• They said they would let you know? They haven't so make other plans.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Make your plans so that they can learn how to schedule in advance. I used to have friends that always wanted other people to live according to their schedule. It got to be tiring with them canceling and not communicating well all the time. You can always say, if I happen to be free, I'll try to make it. That way, you're not saying you'll come. I wouldn't place much weight on their plans in the future since it seems like they're terrible at following through.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2013