Any ideas on how to lay baby in bassinet and switch their days and nights!?

Jadyn09

Asked by Jadyn09 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ? Sorry could you explain. What do you mean how to lay a baby in bassinet? What I did for the days and nights. From day one i always woke my son for his feedings every 3 hours if i needed to during the day, but I didnt wake him at all at night. And I dont know if I just really lucked out but he started sleeping through the night a lil after 6 weeks, right after I moved him into his crib. ANd i always have my son sleep on his back to prevent sids. If thats what you mean.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Newborn according to your profile? The cure is time. Can't be rushed. She'll ghet it worked out in the next few weeks.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I did the same with my son. I would wake him every 3 hours during the day if he was sleeping. but for the first 6 weeks he would only last 1 1/2 to 2 hours in between feedings. So i woke him regularly during the day and let him sleep as long as possible at night. He would wake every 3 hours at night until 6 weeks and then only once a night until 11 weeks. if you let them sleep as long as they want during the day then be ready to be awakened at night!
    I always would ly my son on his back as well. I thought that i would need the special triangle things to have them sleep in, but they really are unnessessary.
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Keep the daytime loud and lit up with the curtains and blinds open and the tv or radio volume up a little and at night, keep the lights very dim if on at all and the television volume very low. Time is the real answer, but this can help. Good Luck Mama!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sorry I guess I should explain the laying in the bassinet a little better. During the day she sleeps fine in her bassinet as I do things around the house. However, at night time I lay her down and she will sleep for 10 minutes and then be wide awake. My husband works 24 hr and 48 hr shifts, so he is not always home to help me out during the night especially. I was just wondering if anyone had any good tricks I could try, because I am running out of ideas.
    Jadyn09

Answer by Jadyn09 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It does take time... If you can use a baby sling and wear her around she might get more used to be up and around activity during the daytime. And if she lays down and it's quiet and night, eventually this will become her night-rest time, too.
    It takes a while sometimes, but eventually, we all get it.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• New borns make their own schedules and you have to work around them. Try throwing a few naps for yourself in there in the middle of the day rather than worrying so much about getting the work done around the house. Eventually if she doesn't switch her days and nights at around 3 months you can work on a really good bed time routine: bath, diaper, lotion, story, nurse/bottle, snuggle, lights out. Do it at the same hour every night and eventually bed time will come a little more naturally to your baby. Sorry to say that new borns don't respond to these cues and you just have to let her be in charge of the schedule for a few weeks.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• When my daughter was born she had her days and nights mixed up, I walked around like a zombie for 2 weeks. I finally kept her up during the day as much as possible that way she would sleep at night, it took a few days and she was cranky but it worked.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I ALWAYS LAY MY LITTLE ONE ON HIS BACK!!!!! NEVER ON THE TUMMY!!!
    heyiitsang84

Answer by heyiitsang84 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009