Gestational Diabetes

I think I have gestational diabetes because I checked my sugar and it was very high. In 2 weeks my doctors is going to do the glucose test again. But since I believe I have it already I was wondering if anyone knows how I can't take care of myself and control it. Since I found out I've been checking it more, & I walk after I eat and drink a lot more water. But does any one have any other tips please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Eat every 2-3 hours, snacks consisting of a protein and a carb (peanut butter and crackers, yogurt, string cheese and crackers, apple with peanut butter, etc), limit fruit intake, no sugary drinks, watch total carbs not just sweets. The idea isn't to eliminate carbs but to keep them steady.

Answer by missanc at 6:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• check your sugar/glucose with a glucometer, follow the diabetic diet,eat balanced meals,eat often. Your doctor will give you the number he wants you to stay within for your blood sugar and if it's not happening then he may prescibe insulin for you to use....tell your ob your concerns....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2013