Why my toilet trained three and a half has reverted to defecating in pants

Doseres7

Asked by Doseres7 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We need a little more info than that... What huge changes have taken place in your family and home life recently?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• How long has the kid been trained? Are the accidents happening all the time or just now and then?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• He may be constipated, which I know sounds backwards but it can cause accidents of that nature. I would take a trip to the ped to rule anything out in the medical department. Other than that I agree with the others. It could be an emotional response to something...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• No major changes within the last 30 days, which is when he started going in his underwear and not the potty.

He has been trained for about 4 months. Was rewarded with stars on a chart and made a big fuss over. He loved that feeling of accomplishment. Then he woke up one day and hasn't gone in the potty since. Says maybe tomorrow he will right after.

It happens everyday now.

I am taking him to his pediatrician ASAP...

Thank you!
    Doseres7

Comment by Doseres7 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• My son has done that. I guess my situation is different though. His father and I share custody so he sometimes has a difficult time with the transition.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2013