Do you have an easy peasy tip for us to use in the kitchen?

when i make tacos
i add a can of re-fried beans after ground meat is cooked and seasonings added
holds the meat together- helps it stay moist
and with the price of ground beef, makes the money stretch a little longer

and no one ever notices (in case someone does not like beans)

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 6:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I got nothing. :(
    Sorry!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If you have a recipe calling for heavy cream, mix 2/3 cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup melted butter. Ta da, one cup of heavy cream.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If you want to make home made mac and cheese but you are afraid of making a roux... simply warm your milk and butter in a sauce pan and toss the flour in with the cheese to coat it. Then slowly melt the four covered cheese into the milk and butter.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Thanks for all these great tips ladies. About the only thing I can think of is to keep those take-out menus in a safe place for easy access when you don't have anything thawed, or you overdid the roast! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I add pumpkin to a lot of different things to bulk them up with something low fat, and to add vitamins and fiber. No one ever notices. I always put it into my spaghetti sauce, and Troy makes a killer meatloaf with it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• When using a cake mix from a box... add a package of instant pudding (even if the box says it is already in there) change the water for milk and add one extra egg yolk.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Put your bananas in the fridge as soon as they peels start to show a little bit of brown (or whatever stage it is you consider just right). The peels themselves will go black overnight, but the fruit inside will stay at the same stage of ripeness for days, and the bananas last longer than if you'd left them out at room temp the whole time.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• If you're cooking meat, cook extra, and freeze the extra. I do it with any ground meat, roast, chicken, Turkey. Makes for a quick meal later on when that part is finished- soups, stews, casseroles, anything. Same with meatballs or meatloaf, I make a ton and freeze the cooked cooled meat.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I've done that before, too. Seriously, nobody can tell.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I make a ton of pesto at the end of the summer when my basil has to be harvested, and freeze tablespoons on a sheet of wax paper. Then I have the perfect amount to add to leftover pasta, or a sauce or soup without thawing.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2013