dialating at 17 weeks!

i went to the doctors today and he told me that my cervix was shortning already at 13 weeks my placenta detached a little the bleeding stopped and came back a couple of days ago. im really scared im pregnant with twin boys and im gonna see the doctor in a week and he'll tell me what to do from there he said that i t might just be irritated. has this happened to anyone?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 1:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He will probably stitch your cervix
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• And you may end up on bed rest.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i dont wanna scare you but that happend to my sister and they stiched her cervix and she went into labor at five and a half months my nephew died and this happend on mothers day the doc said she went into labor because she had sex so my advice is dont do anything sexual,good luck swets
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• yeah dont' do any sex, don't be very active! Rest and try not to be stressed!!!! Good luck! Practice taking deep breaths to release all the tension and stress!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• thank u ladies so much i hope that doesnt happen to me too many times we tajke for granted the most precious things in life. im on strict pelvic rest which is what caused the detachment to begin with.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hello.
    That happened to me, at 19 weeks. They were able to hold my twins off until 32 weeks. I was on bedrest, had weekly appointments and sonograms, and at 29 weeks was admitted to the hospital were they gave me a shot to speed up the development of my kids heart and lungs. I was put on a magnesium drip to try to stop the labor. All of their efforts worked well and at 31 weeks my blood pressure was through the roof. One week later my boys were born via emergancy C-section they spent 52 days in the NICU and now exactly 4 years later. I am the proud Mom of two beautiful healthy little boys.
    I know it is very scary and I wish you the best. If you want to talk, PM me. Good luck and god bless!
    LadyLuck13

Answer by LadyLuck13 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009