Top 10 tips for staying a happy couple...

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.aspx?articleid=13324&TrackingID=526103&BannerID=1514546

So how many of these do you do? How many need improvement?

Sadly, I feel like we to work on quite a few :/

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• We're pretty good at laughing together. Some of the others could use work.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• That's a good list, much better than the usual lists that say what happy couples are doing. We do most of those things. One that's interesting to me is the keeping physically fit one. Troy and I did taekwondo for two and a half years together. When I stopped, he had every intention of going on his own, and he made it to exactly ONE class, then quit. It just isn't the same if we're not doing it together. We were just talking about this yesterday and I signed us both up for kickboxing classes together.

One thing that my husband often does is bringing me coffee or a snack when he comes home. Like hey, Wendy's sounded good, and I know you like their chili, so I brought you some. Yesterday I was feeling so sick, he went around and bought everything I was craving. Panera for 2 different kinds of chicken soup, Wendy's salad, and then eggs and bread and fries to make egg salad. He helped me peel eggs, too. It meant a lot.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• the only thing we don't do is the physical stuff together. He works 60 hr weeks. He's exhaused

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• The only one we struggle with is traveling together... we just don't have the money to travel at all. We are saving to try and do something next year for our 10th, but we just don't know. We do try to do new things together though...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We do number 7!!! Lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Hmmm,I'd say...two out of ten we need to improve on.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I see four that could use a little work, but we are pretty happy. :) We had a rough patch and are enjoying coming out the other side happier. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• We're 10 for 10 that's why we've been happily married for 25 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• The main thing I want to say about relationships and how to keep them healthy:
    The honeymoon phase does not stay long. And when it is gone and the tough things of lives hit, that is when you put on your mud boots as my grandmother says and you wade through it till you can pull yourself out of the muck. And you do that together. So work through the hard times and stick together. The next thing is communicate. And do it without the intent to yell punch or harm either yourself or your spouse. That will get you no where and is stupid in the end anyway. There is no reason that people should part ways unless one wants to harm the other in a deadly fashion. Otherwise work through the crap and stay together. You got together for a reason. Remember all the good times you have had and make new ones
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2013