Butter in your coffee, anyone?

Gag a maggot! Would you try this new diet idea?

There’s a new diet trend where people are trying to lose weight by putting butter in their coffee.

It’s a spinoff of the Paleo Diet, where you try to eat like a caveman to lose weight. Obviously cavemen didn’t have coffee or butter, but the idea of putting animal fats and proteins into your coffee works with their principles.

If you want to try it, mix at least two-thirds of a stick of butter into your coffee. You can also add coconut-palm oil for flavor.

Apparently, by drinking butter coffee, you get an extra energy boost, it curbs your appetite, and it helps you lose weight. But by all reports it tastes horrible.

http://mix1065fm.cbslocal.com/2013/06/21/new-diet-trend-jam-a-stick-of-butter-in-your-coffee/

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 8:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Gross! I love coffee, and I love using butter, and I'd love to shed more pounds, but no way would I try that!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Probably a Paula Deen conspiracy. She's gonna need a new income now, watch her start promoting Paula's Down Home Paleo: because you can never have enough butter
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• two-thirds of a stick!!!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• How about I just use th creamer I like in my coffe and count my calories instead ;)

I've lost 62 lbs so far doing it - so it must work ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• Can I just drink my coffee with cream and put a shit ton of butter on my toast w/jam instead?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• This makes me want to vomit just thinking about it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I heard about that. Yech.
    Maybe it works by making you nauseous all day.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I tried taking the teaspoon of safflower oil every day to shed weight.

This is why getting diets anywhere besides a registered dietitian is dangerous. There is a legitimate reason to use safflower oil like that - it's when you're on a very restricted no fat diet, and you need the fats from that oil to keep your gall bladder from shutting down. The oil had no actual weight loss purpose, it was purely nutritional. Without it, you'd actually lose more weight, but you'd also end up losing your gall bladder later.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• That sounds absolutely vomitous! I drink my coffee black and will keep it that way!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• I don't like coffee in general, but the thought of putting butter in it makes it sound even more gross.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2013