Do you have problems with...?

ants and how do you get rid of them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I got little sugar ants in my kitchen a couple of times, and I just put ant bait traps behind the stove where no kids or pets could get to them. I also sprinkled cinnamon around back there, since I couldn't find the entrance hole but I knew it was somewhere behind the stove. Ants hate the smell of cinnamon and won't crawl through it; I've heard that's because the cinnamon messes up the chemical trails that allow other ants to follow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• You can buy pellets to sprinkle outside of the house to kill them. Around your doors and windows, swab some vinegar to prevent them from being able to follow their scent trail. You'll need to observe how they're getting into the house and seal any holes. Try molasses and borax and Diatomaceous earth methods

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• The best stuff is liquid raid makes it you just squirt it where you see the and they take it back to the nest and they all die. I have tried many things to win the an war and that was the best stuff.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 6:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• if you dont want to use poison you could
    discover where they are gaining entrance to the residence
    and caulk it
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• meh- you could call the owner but it may be easier to do it yourself.
    we are doing it because if we asked it wouldnt get fixed until winter :/

a tube of caulk is relatively inexpensive- use the silicone it's less likely to be affected by weather extremes (i think, pretty sure)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• In the house or out side.

Answer by louise2 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• they are outside but coming in and we rent so would we contact the owner or do the suggested ourselves?
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2013