ive taken two pregnancy test and neither of them even have a result. What am i doing wrong?

mekayla96

Asked by mekayla96 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Are you getting the urine on the stick? What exactly did you do?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Yeah its on the stick. I urinated on the stick and then I tried going in a cup on putting drops on it but it didn't work.
    mekayla96

Comment by mekayla96 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Q: I have waited longer than 3 minutes, and still there are no lines in the Result Window. Is there anything wrong?

A: Your result should appear within 3 minutes. There should be at least one pink line in the Result Window at 3 minutes to indicate that the test is completed and you have done it correctly. If not, the test is invalid. This could be due to insufficient urine on the Absorbent Tip or not holding the device with the Absorbent Tip pointing downward while replacing the Overcap. You should retest with another device, carefully following all directions.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• The test might be expired or tainted by the room temperature being too hot. Some medications with hormones in them can also affect the tests
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Did you read the instructions and remove the cap?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• you're probably not peeing on it enough

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Go buy more tests!

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• If you are having a problem getting enough pee on it, then pee in a cup and dip the test stick into the urine. That way is much easier and less pressure to pee on the stick.

I took a test once and was so nervous all I could do was get out a trickle. Use a cup.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• You are definitely sure you aren't just licking it?
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 8:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• If you can muster up enough pee, try letting out alittle, then putting the end of the test stick into the already flowing stream. That will help you saturate the stick. I've been so nervous the best I could do was a few drops, which wasn't enough. Also, useyour first morning urine, which has a higher concentration of the pregnancy hormone.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2013