Sleeping arrangements....

So, my almost 7 month old doesn't want to go into her own bed. She's a gymnast at night, crawling and rolling over, until she's "settled", but if she's in her bed, it doesn't allow her to move around like she wants, so she wakes up SCREAMING (and if you heard this girl scream, you'd know you wouldn't want her to continue). And co-sleeping, well, without Daddy there to keep her from falling off his side of the bed (he's off in CO Springs for NCO training for another 4 weeks), I get worried, and of course, don't sleep well myself (I'm a very light sleeper anyway, so any movement she makes, even on our mattress, I can feel it/sense it). And then, grrr, if she finally does fall asleep, if I try to move her to her bed, she just wakes back up :/ And then its another 2-3 hours before we can go back to sleep.

You ladies have any suggestions? CIO won't work with her. After 5 mins, she's panic/pain screaming, and that wakes up the entire household.

hopeandglory53

Asked by hopeandglory53 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Two ways to do it. 1. Force her to sleep in her own room and own bed. She get use to it eventually.
    2. Let her co sleep tell she is ready to sleep alone on her own. ( that might be never).
    You worried about her falling off the other side of the bed? Put some pillow on that side.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• i have co-slept with them all
    push the bed against the wall and then place a pillow between the crack

really low so she doesnt smother herself
    then you sleep on the exposed side and allow her the rest of the bed
    then slowly (every night) move a little closer to what your sleeping arrangements will be when dad returns

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• are bed rails an option?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• glad to help
    i know how rough it is on all the kids if momma is sleep deprived

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Does the bed have a headboard? You could sleep sideways and using the headboard as a temporary rail. Or maybe you could place the mattress on the floor. Then if she rolls off no biggie. It would also allow her to move like she does.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Louise:

1. Not possible, we don't have any more rooms :/ She has to sleep in our room for now :( (I'm kinda hoping hub gets PCS'd next summer so that maybe we can buy a bigger house at the new place.)

Yeah, mostly worried about her crawling herself off on the other side of the bed.

Feral: My husband couldn't move the bed by himself unless he dismantled it, so there's no way I could push it against the wall.
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Bleh, soonest it can be at my Walmart is 6/28 :/

Thank you, Feral! At least if it doesn't work (and I'm not sure it will, we have a tempurpedic (sp?)), I can return it :/
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Ugh, now its saying July 1st :/ Which is like 2 weeks before he gets home :(
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2013